Complaints Processes for Justice Agencies in British Columbia

If you feel you have been wronged by any justice agency in British Columbia you need to complain and there is specific info on how to do that. Whatever jurisdiction you are in you will find similar complaint processes online:

  1. Compile your story (clear, concise, simple to follow, stick to facts in chronological order,
  2. Search the internet for the proper agency to complain to and get their process,
  3. Submit your complaint as outlined in their process for hearing complaints,
  4. follow up and follow through with your complaint and their response,
  5. Appeal any decision or response that you disagree with (they MUST inform you of your appeal options and process),
  6. follow up and follow through with your appeal and their response,

Here is a good PDF outlining the contacts for complaints about various justice agencies in B.C.:

or download PDF – complaints-process-justice-agencies

Complaints Against Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC)

The Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC) serves the public by prosecuting cases within federal jurisdiction with diligence, and in a manner that is fair, impartial and objective. In doing so, the PPSC is guided by its key values of respect, integrity, excellence and leadership.

This Policy outlines the procedure for the submission of complaints in respect of the work of the PPSC and for their consideration by the PPSC.

This Policy also addresses the requirement contained in section 25 of the Canadian Victims Bill of Rights (CVBR) to address complaints made by or on behalf of victims of crime.

The Office of the Federal Ombudsman for Victims of Crime (OFOVC)

is an independent resource for victims in Canada. The Office was created in 2007 to ensure the federal government meets its responsibilities to victims of crime.

Making a complaint

The OFOVC will review any complaints that fall within our mandate in an impartial and independent manner. Read more about what types of complaints we take .

We may also initiate a broader review of the issue you raise in order to make recommendations to the Government of Canada on how to improve its laws, policies or services for victims of crime.

How to make a complaint

You are welcome to e-mail us with general inquiries or comments. If you have a complaint, however, please contact us by phone, fax or mail.

Telephone (toll-free): 1-866-481-8429  Outside of Canada: 613-954-1651  Fax  613-941-3498

Mail or email

Office of the Federal Ombudsman for Victims of Crime

P.O. Box 55037, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1A1

Please do not send any confidential information by email, as we cannot guarantee privacy at this time.

Charging Someone with a Criminal Offense in B.C.

by: Canadian BAR Association BC Branch

download PDF – Charging Someone with a Criminal Offense-CBA British Columbia – 215


Canadian BAR Association BC Branch – Your Rights –

200   Charter of Rights and Freedoms: Legal Rights – Audio
230   Charter of Rights and Freedoms: Overview – Audio
232   Charter of Rights and Freedoms: Equality Rights – Audio
235   Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy – Audio
236   Human Rights & Discrimination Protection – Audio
237   Aboriginal Law – Audio
238   Children’s Rights – Audio
239   Senior Law and Elder Abuse – Audio
240   Defamation: Libel and Slander – Audio
290   Immigrating to British Columbia – Audio

Audio clips are in MP3 format.